Friday, April 18, 2008

Cream City Comics: Promotionalize

Hello all!

I'm back... after a much needed break away to work on some other projects and a trip to Spain. On that note, should the opportunity ever present itself, visit Malaga. If you've ever been to Puerto Rico (the greatest island in the Caribbean), you have an idea of how amazing Malaga is. More than anything else, the Spanish seem to have a firm grip on one vital life skill... how to enjoy... erm... life. On second thought, stay away from Malaga! I love it and I'd like to keep it all to myself.

Enough of that. I'd like to turn you onto three new releases you may or may not have in your personal library yet... Muscles & Fights III: Muscliest & Fightiest (Bud Burgy/Cream City Comics), Far Arden (Kevin Cannon) and Three Shadows (First/Second/Cyril Pedrosa). 

Now, as much as I'd like to brag about the quality of the last installment in the Muscles & Fights trilogy, I think you should head on over to www.musclesandfights.com and see for yourself. Bud's been kind enough to put a link up that'll take you to our store at www.lulu.com 

A few interviews ago I hosted Kevin (I'm just beggin' for Amado to break my hands) Cannon right here @ the Cream City Comics blogspot. Well, as mentioned before, Kevin released Far Arden recently and has given me more reason to break said hands. I'm on the hunt and, if you're an artist with any amount of self-respect, you oughta join me. Of course, you could simply head over to Kevin's site (linked here under the Twin Cities) and hope he's still got copies to sell. 

All joking aside, I think Kevin Cannon is among the greatest living cartoonists. Support his work and improve your library. 

Finally, there is Three Shadows by French animator-turn-genius-funny book creator... Cyril Pedrosa. Pedrosa has put together a monster of an emotional tale in Three Shadows and you owe it to your permanent library to have this work included therein. First/Second has a much deserved reputation for a [pretty much] flawless collection of masterworks... all stuff I wish I'd done. 

That's all for now. I hope you're all revved up for summer... by the looks of where the indie comics scene is headed... it's gonna be a scorcher. 

Peace

-AR