Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cream City Comics: Promotionalize

Hello everyone!

Let me fill you in on what I've [already] got going on for 2008.

1) I've joined an organization called Artists Working in Education. For my part, I'll be teaching graphic storytelling to a 7th grade art class. I'm really excited about this gig 'cos I suggested we compile the stories the students create into an anthology and publish it. And they said "yes"! I'm so stoked about it.

Can you imagine what these students will gain from being part of such a detailed process? Nevermind those actually interested in comics... I'm thinking about any student suffering any sort of self-image problems. I mean, think back to the time when you were a pre-teen *shudders*

Well, for me, it wasn't too bad 'cos I had the guidance of Carl Evans... my 7th and 8th grade art teacher. But I can easily recall just how awkward that time in my life, apart from art, was.

I'll have a teaching partner for the "sessions". He'll be handling the illustration side while I cover the writing. We're planning some spill over and all so it'll be a very complete experience for everyone involved. We're even planning a 'research' trip to the art museum and they've got some great [relevant] exhibits going on now!

2) Muscles & Fights 3 will be released to coincide with the one year anniversary of volume 1. I can't wait to see this thing put together. Which reminds me... I need to get my backside to the Twin Cities soon.

3) I'm putting together my thoughts for a Cream City Comics: Heavee Underground release party. I've already spoken to an artist, my A.W.E. partner-in-crime, about throwing up some killer live art. I plan to hang original pages from the graphic novel and hope to have a DJ and live B-Boy crew performing.

4) Muscles & Frights, the first book published under our MF Press banner should make its way to bookshelves near Halloween 2008.

5) I'm putting together my plan for a solo release I'd like to have out prior to November.

Inbetween time, I'll be keeping you up-to-date with news from Cream City and the underground [in general].

Up next week, I'll be introducing you to my aforementioned partner-in-crime.

Stay warm and positive.

Peace

-AR