Saturday, October 1, 2011

City... Cycle... Times!

Hello!

I recently picked up issue 13 of Bicycle Times magazine, and was pleasantly surprised to see they published an email I'd sent. It recalls the 'first rain' ride I posted about in July. It is the first thing I've had in print in some time (as I focus on my personal life)... so I thought I'd share. If you aren't familiar with the magazine, it's a good time to pick it up. The current issue is the first printed on 90% recycled paper... on the presses of a Wisconsin-based company. There is always great information/advice for the novice, and great point-of-interest bits for the seasoned cyclist. The magazine contiues to publish some pretty cool art as well as Yehuda Moon strips.

This week brought a new elemental experience... STRONG WINDS. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course, I've dealt with lighter winds... that probably prepared me for it. We've also had some colder temperatures as of late. But it simply makes the ride more comfortable (back doesn't get as sweaty under the pack). I'm sorting out the what-to-wear (for comfort and warmth) nonsense now. Why did this seem so easy when I was 14... on my Mongoose?

It's time to get back in the saddle.

Enjoy your weekend!

Peace

- @